Access this podcast episode here: https://tinyurl.com/2bk8wa3d
Over the last century, women have struggled with societal beauty standards, body image & all the things connected to our feminine archetype.
We have been brainwash to reject, loathe & neglect our feminine structures. However, in the last five years, there has been a revolutionizing of women reclaiming their power over their bodies, redefining beauty, and much more.
I think it is vital to connect with our bodies & realize that God intricately made us. We have spent enough time shaming, neglecting & hating our bodies. I believe in the power of honoring, respecting & loving all the phases our bodies go through.
Today I will discuss a couple of ways we can inject body positivity in our life & see our feminine body as a unique gift to ourselves & the world.
Below are three ways we can reclaim our feminine essence & honor our bodies in a sacred way.
- Cycle Syncing. Cycle Syncing is the idea of aligning your eating, exercising, and other areas of your life with various phases of your menstrual cycle. The menstrual cycle has four phases: menstruation phase, follicular phase, ovulatory phase, and luteal phase. At each stage of your cycle calendar, your body goes through hormonal changes that affect your mood, eating, and social habits.
Here is a article to give you deeper insight into cycle syncing: https://www.thrivinghormones.com/hormones/what-is-cycle-syncing-and-does-it-works/
Here is a youtuber who explain cycle syncing in an excellent way: https://youtu.be/piniMW4pH6k
2. Beauty & The Body
- It is essential to see the beauty within yourself so you can appreciate your external beauty. (Make a list of the things you love about your personality & your favorite physical attributes)
- Celebrate your beauty by realizing your unique features are a gift to the world. (There is only one you and that is your superpower.)
- Figure out your body type so you can learn how to adorn your figure with the right clothes.
- Style: Once you understand your body type you can start to shop for clothes that accentuate your body.
- Define Your Style: Think of three words that define your style now (just remember as you grow your style will change so don’t be scared to change your style words). Ex: My style words right now are ease, effortless & elegance
Here is an YouTube video to get further guidance on discovering your personal style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESsn7N1Na2E
- taking vitamins (probiotics, Garden of life, multivitamins, Ritual vitamins etc.)
- going organic (chemical free in what you put in & on your body)
- doing research on how your hormones change at different stage & age in your life